Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Five: Gender Roles

1. How are you stereotypically female?
I love girly shoes, makeup, & fashion in general. Boy clothes are so boring these days!

2. How are you stereotypically male?
I'm freakishly independent, I don't take shit, I laugh loudly, I don't keep my opinions to myself, I yell at the TV. I'm not very good at being a "good girl."

3. What parts of you do you consider unclassifiable as either gender?
Intelligence, creativity.

4. Do you think you are primarily male, female, or neither in characteristics?
I consider myself balanced. Outwardly female, inwardly unclassifiable, but I guess basically female because that's what I know best.

5. If you could be born as any gender, knowing the gender prejudices as they are now, which would you choose to be?
Not sure I'd want to be a man. I think it would be weird to be the oppressor. Strange responsibility there. But I'd like to be able to pee standing up sometimes, especially when camping or traveling!

Questions culled from The Friday Five on LiveJournal.

What I'm wearing: Black pinstripe dress, made by Donna | Black & pink stripe sweater, Macy's | Black shadow stripe tights, unknown brand | Black pumps with buckles, Kenneth Cole | Black with pink crystal earrings, random accessory store | Silver & pink crystal necklace, gift from Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment