Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Five: Travel, My Drug of Choice

1. What is your favorite mode of travel? (Car, train, plane, etc).
None of the above! I am sick & tired of the actual 'getting there' part of travel. I guess I do like walking around a big city tho. A good pair of boots, like the ones I'm wearing, are perfect for that.

2. Where is the northernmost place you've traveled? The southernmost?
North: Dunrobin, Scotland, latitude 57° 58′ north
South: Port Lockroy, Antarctica, latitude 64° 49′ south

3. What is the last place you visited for the first time?
Andorra -- a wee day-trip while we were in France last summer, but it counts!

4. Of all the places you've traveled, which is your favorite?
This & #5 are what my husband & I get asked by everyone all the time. It's like asking parents of multiple children, "Which is your favorite kid?" So, if you go by number of times visited, England wins, no question. Seven trips & no plans to stop. Especially London -- in the words of Samuel Johnson, when you are tired of London, you are tired of life. But Venice is incredibly near & dear to my heart, & I could go back there any time, well, except summer. And I fully admit I adore Jamaica, specifically Sandals Negril, it is my Happy Place, the ultimate "vacation" vacation, the cliche of paradise, ultimate relaxation & pampering, nothing culturally stimulating or enlightening, just pure lazy enjoyment. Which I don't have enough of in my life (who does?).


5) Where would you most like to travel to next?
I'd love to see Venice during Carnevale again. For a new place, I'd like to go to China someday.

Questions culled from The Friday Five on LiveJournal.

What I'm wearing: Grey sheath dress, Target | Burgundy corduroy jacket, Kohl's | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Burgundy suede pumps, Soffit | Silver bat necklace, PlasticLand | Silver & onyx earrings, bought in India



No comments:

Post a Comment