Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pink for Pride and Hope

This is yesterday's outfit, which I wore thinking of today. I knew that the momentous U.S. Supreme Court decisions on my home state's Proposition 8 and the federal Defense of Marriage cases would be announced this morning, & I was hoping they would be announced in favor of equal marriage rights. And HUZZAH, they were! It's a step in the right direction, but there is much more work to be done for full justice across the nation.

Also this morning, I had an important medical test. While I won't get the results for a few days, I hope the results will be at least as positive as today's news. To inspire positivity for both issues, I wore my rockstar skirt made by a dear friend.

Do you have special items in your wardrobe that you wear for good luck?

What I'm wearing:
Black knit military-style jacket, Macy's
Black T-shirt, Target
Pink & white 'rockstar' skirt, made by Donna
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Black heeled lace-up boots, Aerosoles
Pink & gold earrings, Ruche

No comments:

Post a Comment