Thursday, November 8, 2012

Forgetful Pants

I seem to forget about wearing pants. I have two pairs of black trousers like this, plus several pairs of black jeans. They all fit well & are the correct length -- quite an achievement when you're a petite plus size gal. Yet I gravitate towards wearing skirts & dresses the vast majority of the time.

A lot of the reason is that I think skirts & dresses look more flattering to my figure. If you're a bit curvy, pants can emphasize your curves in unappealing ways (no matter how well they fit). Pants make my butt & gut look bigger, whereas skirts & dresses, especially A-lines & straight skirts, gracefully skim over those areas & draw attention to my small waist or shapely calves. Always play to your assets!

Still, pants can be comfortable & even warmer (see previous post). And they're not horribly unattractive on me, I think. Just have to remember to wear them.

What I'm wearing:
Purple & black striped cardigan, Old Navy
Black embellished T-shirt, Macy's
Black trousers, Target
Black trouser socks, Target
Purple pumps, Aldo
Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store

1 comment:

  1. The first line of this post "I seem to forget about wearing pants" made me a bit nervous to look at your outfit picture, lol!!! I am curvy in my butt area and thighs and I have a lot of trouble with finding flattering pants. I agree with you that dresses and skirts are more flattering to a curvier figure.

    ReplyDelete