Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back at It

Trying to get back to the swing of blogging, after a week's absence plus a holiday weekend (which I spent sewing, sewing, sewing like a madwoman to get ready for the first renaissance faire of the season this coming weekend!).

Summer is somewhat here, & I did the ritual change from the black velvet down comforter on our bed to the lighter-weight purple matelasse bedspread. But I'm still wearing cardigans & light jackets to the office, just taking them off around lunchtime.

What I'm wearing:
Black knit military-style jacket, Macy's | Black three-quarter sleeve knit top, NY & Company | Black & white stripe skirt, White House Black Market | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black wedge mary janes, Kenneth Cole Reaction (thrifted) | Black & white skull-print scarf, gift from my husband | Black & white stripe dangly earrings, Kohl's | Black & gunmetal cocktail ring, Icing | Black & white flower hair pin, random accessory store

Do you make any changes around the house for summer?

6 comments:

  1. I love that skirt!! It's so flattering on you.
    I really should make a change in the house. I still have some easter eggs laying around *blushes*. But my energy is put in the garden and the kids activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, a velvet down comforter! Jealous.

    We have a winter comforter and a summer comforter, and flannel sheet sets for colder months. Decor wise, I have seasonal stuff that I get to change around every few months (finger towels, tchotkes) and more boxes of decorations for Halloween than Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I do love this skirt (it was such a splurge!).

    I wish I had the energy to tackle our garden. It's a total mess this time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love the velvet comforter, it's getting a bit ratty because of our cats. Might be time to replace it before next winter (it's still warm, but looks a bit sad).

    Sounds like you have some nice decor yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I don't have to be ashamed of liking Black House White Market. That skirt is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, White House Black Market has some *very* gothable clothes! There's always stripes & nifty b/w patterns or chic black dresses. The stuff is rather spendy, but the quality is good, plus there are sales & if you get on the mailing list, they send coupons. Worth it, imnsho :-)

    ReplyDelete