Friday, January 6, 2012

Long Day

Yesterday, I gave a presentation to an industry meetup after work today, hence the delayed blog post. Also, this made me choose my outfit carefully. It had to be comfortable, yet professional, & something I wouldn't mind wearing from about 7:30am to 10pm, including a few hours on my feet. I even chose a reliably long-wearing lipstick.

What I'm wearing:
Black & grey striped sweater, Target | Black skirt with lace applique, NY & Company | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Tall black boots, Clarks | Sliver bead choker, Target | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store | Revlon "Raisin Rage" lipstick

What do you wear for really long days at work, especially if you'll be standing a lot? Do you have a go-to outfit or pair of shoes? These Clarks boots are definitely my most comfortable fall/winter shoes -- I can walk for miles or stand forever in them.

I like this subtle lace touch!

4 comments:

  1. That's my favorite kind of lace! How pretty.

    My favorite shoes are my Doc Marten boots or Converse sneakers. I can dress casually at work and I am on my feet most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, and the detail on the black skirt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Paralegals sit a lot, but for court days or presentations, I go for Aerosole pumps - I call them sneakers with heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a challenge to figure out what to wear when you're facing a long and important day of various different meetings/situations. I think you did a great job by pairing these two pieces and the boots!

    ReplyDelete