Friday, July 1, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - 07.01.11

July 1 Questions: Vahni from Grit and Glamour has a post several weeks ago in which she outlined her personal uniform or outfit formula as she dubbed it. Courtesy of ModlyChic.

1. What’s your go-to outfit formula?
Black top, patterned skirt, black tights, black shoes. Like this or this or this. A slight reverse also works, meaning colored or patterned top, black skirt, black (or colored/print tights), & black (or colored) shoes. Such as this or this.

2. How did you come about this formula?
I'm a goth, so the majority of my wardrobe is black, duh. But I don't like wearing all black because I find that boring. So I throw in a little color, & that ends up being half my outfit, top or bottom.

3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life?
Not really. My work & casual wardrobe is predominately dark colors with a lot of black basics like black jeans, skirts, trousers, dresses, sweaters, T-shirts, so I just add jewel-tones around that.

4. Has it morphed over the years?
Nope, I've loved dark colors for as long as I can remember! Never been a big fan of pastels, although my mom used to try to make me wear them.

5. Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe?
None. While I enjoy looking at other people's outfits & I get inspiration from combinations of pieces (like, how to wear belts & scarves, for example), I don't really want to wear other people's actual clothes combos.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! Just found you via The Citizen!
    As a former Goth myself,I salute you!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete