Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday - 03.04.11

FBFF Questions for 03.4.11 - This week, the topic is beauty products, courtesy of ModlyChic.

1. What's your favorite drugstore makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?
Drugstore - Probably the Loreal HiP eyeshadows. The second I discovered those, I snapped them up & have been addicted to them! Fantastic colors, great pigment, compact (thus great for travel), & ideal for all my eyeshadow needs.

High-end - This is one of my little indulgences. I really adore high-end makeup & haunt Sephora to randomly buy fancy makeup whenever I have a bit of cash to spare. But to pick just one, I'd have to say Chanel Vamp lipstick. It's the ultimate goth lippie, tho' sadly being discontinued (rumor has it). I have a few tubes stockpiled & will cry when they are gone.

2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
If I'm honest, I'll say Burt's Bees lip balm. There's a tube in every purse, next to my bed, at my work & home desks, & in the bathroom. But I'd like to say lipstick in general.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
Too hard to pick just one! Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in conditioner is fantastic for soothing my tangled mess of wanna-be curls right out of the shower, & Garnier Fructis curl creme is perfect for styling the dry waves into soft curls for the day. Oh & I'd be remiss in not mentioned Aqua Net Extra Super Hold Unscented, which continues to play a large part in my hairstyling life (from teenage Robert Smith 'dos to historical hairstyles to retro pinup everyday fashions).

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
I will never, ever again cut my hair into a bob. *shudder* Awful look on me. Most really short hairstyles make me look like Paul McCartney in the end.

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
Well, I don't think "we all use the same basic products." I suppose that was intended to mean the same basic products are available to everyone.

My makeup trademark is probably dark lipstick. I always wear it. Dark lips, light eyemakeup (just black liner & a touch of shadow -- can't see too much of it behind my glasses). I wear dark lipstick every single day if I'm going outside the house, tho' I have stopped bothering for mundane trips to the grocery store or doctor's office. I almost reflexively buy any dark burgundy or purple-ish shade of lipstick I see at Sephora or the drugstore to add to my collection.  I match the lipstick to my outfits. I reapply thruout the day. I ask friends if I have "hooker lips" (y'know, when there's only a trace outline of lipstick around the edges of your lips). I'm kind of obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment